Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Diploma in Hardware
13934950

My notebook is saying this computer is configured to require

My notebook is saying this computer is configured to require a password ***** order to start up. I have no idea what this is
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: X205t
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No haven’t used it for a while
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thats fine

My name is***** check the attached image and let me know if you see a message similar to one in the attached picture ?

Please also specify the name of the operating system like Windows 7, 8 or 10

Note: Please ignore any automated remote assistance notifications sent by the website. Remote assistance is not going to work for this specific problem.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
that is the image and its windows 7

In that case someone setup a syskey password ***** the system. Usual password ***** programs will not work. Most Asus systems can be restored to factory settings by using the following method

1 Turn on the system

2 As soon as the system turns on, start tapping F9 key

3 If the inbuilt recovery partition is intact it will start the recovery process

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok

Please note that remote assistance will not work for this problem. For remote assistance to work, you first need to logon to the computer

Please try the inbuilt recovery option as follows

1 Turn on the system

If it fails, I will list an alternate option to reinstall Windows

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This has now come up on the screen

Its asking for BitLocker key. Do you remember ever setting up BitLocker drive encryption ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No

Okay..

For the next steps, you will need a working computer. We have to create a bootable installation disc OR flash drive for Windows 7 installation. Give me few minutes to type the instructions for you

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok Thanks

It will be better to clean install Windows 7 after booting the system from a Windows 7 installation disc. If you do not have a installation disc, then you can use the following link to download the ISO image

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows7

[you will need to type the product key of Windows 7 to download ISO image file from Microsoft]

And use Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to create an installation media (either a bootable DVD or flash drive)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485

If you are unable to download ISO image from Microsoft link, then open the following link

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool

Download and run Windows ISO Downloader. When the program opens, select Windows 7, select edition and language to find the download links

Once you have the Windows 7 installation media ready, boot the affected computer from installation disc (or flash drive) and then clean install Windows 7. Here is a guide (scroll down and goto the section "Custom install Windows 7")

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-perform-a-custom-installation-of-windows/38adfa8c-32f8-4354-8c53-13b5f2cf7e44

To boot the computer from Windows 7 installation media, plug in the flash drive Or insert bootable DVD in the drive and restart system. Repeatedly tap F12 key. If you see a boot device selection menu, select DVD or Flash drive and press Enter

When Windows 7 installation starts, click Next-> Install Now

Then select Custom install option

When you get to the screen where you need to select a hard drive partition, select and delete all listed partitions. Then click on Unallocated space and click Next

Please let me know results..

Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Diploma in Hardware

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6850473e-af92-4e6a-83d0-b9f94567170d

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No thanks