Shaz Yousaf
Shaz Yousaf, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MSc Computer Networks & Security
104442872

I have been trying to connect to my EE ADSL connection using

Good morning! I have been trying to connect to my EE ADSL connection using a TP LINK TD W9970 MODEM ROUTER but it looks I can't get the settings right.
Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: Via laptop to the TP LINK ROUTER?
Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: The Power, DSL and Wireless lights.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If by any chances he have had met this situation before... is quite a frequent issue throug EE broadband users.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I’m Shaz, a professional IT expert. I have over 8 years of experience in the industry with a Master’s Degree in Computer Networks and Security. I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
You managed to get an ideea of my problem from above details?

Can you send me the model number of the EE ADSL device

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It is a Brightbox 2 Wireless router I have been using but it died i.e doesn't power up anymore when pressing the switc and i have bought this TP LINK TD W9970 to replace it.

Ok, do you have ADSL or Fibre

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ADSL...

Ok, i have compiled the below instructions. You will need to get your DSL username and password ***** your ISP.

Do the below on the TP LINK TD W9970.

Navigate to the modem's web interface. (USUALLY - http://192.168.1.1)

Click on Quick Setup on the left, then Next.

Make sure to set the Region to and Time Zone to your zone; then click Next.

Choose xDSL Modem Router Mode, then click Next.

In the ISP List make sure to choose Other, then click Next.

Make sure the VPI and VCI fields are set to one of the following then click Next.

ON/QC: 0 and 35

AB/BC: 0 and 33

To setup in routed mode choose PPPoE then click Next.

Input your DSL username and password (you will have to confirm the password).

The rest is the setup of the wireless portion for the 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz bands, choose the SSID (network name) and Password ***** want, and click Next.

Then on the Confirm page click on Save.

Then the device will test the connection.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service, not the situation that I have no control over.

Your rating my service today is the only way I am paid by the website for using my valuable time. This is done by scrolling all the way to the top of the screen and clicking the stars.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help.

Thankyou.