Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I just moved my printer from one room to another and now if

Hi I just moved my printer from one room to another and now if is showing a B200 error
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Canon Pixma MG5500
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: A couple of days now
Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: not sure
Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried removing the ink cartridges and the print head and replacing them but still get the same error

To resolve the B200 error,

1. Turn OFF the power to the printer
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on.

Reply back and let me know if that worked?

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you today! Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

I will still be here if you need to reply back to me after rating.

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Have a great day!

Pete.

--------------------

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Wow. It worked. Thank you Pete, have a great day!