Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a hotmail account and got locked out - i have mailed

hello i have a hotmail account and got locked out - i have mailed on numerous occcasions to ask to unlock and answered the security questions and on every occasion they say that there is no sufficient info ie they ask what emails i recently have sent from this account - it is now three months later and still no luck
Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: my iphone
Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: yes and another email account in which to send security code however i fall down on the questions they ask about info on emails recently sent from my hotmail account - i have not sent any as i cannot access this account
Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome

When could you last sign into your account?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
over three months ago

Ok, and you lost access to the recovery phone number or email address linked to the account?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i dont need you to access my devices i just want to get into my hotmail account

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no i have the same recovery phone no its just the password ***** the account was not recognised and i had to fo on line to change the password ***** it will not let me as i dont know what current emails i have sent from this account buut all other security numbers worked

If you have the recovery phone you select that option to have a code sent to it to reset the password

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it did not give me the option to use the recovery phone - just another email account which is what i did and went through the security questions and then they said it could take 24 hours to come back to me which they did and said i did not provide enough information and to submit another form which i have done on numerous occasions

Ok, then none was set,

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Hotmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Microsoft states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Microsoft has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Microsoft, their policies, or the situation itself.