Shaz Yousaf
Shaz Yousaf, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MSc Computer Networks & Security
104442872

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310 running Windows 1. Assistant:

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310 running Windows 1.
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Lenovo Ideapad 310, Windows 10
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried a DVD, which plays using Cyberlink Power DVD12. Vision, movement, but no sound. Windows audio level is 50%, DVD12 level is 80%. Why the silence?
Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: Cyberlink, about 2 years
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?
Customer: Nothing before this.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Welcome to JustAnswer! I’m Shaz, a professional IT expert. I have over 8 years of experience in the industry with a Master’s Degree in Computer Networks and Security. I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would prefer to know what is intended first

Did the sound ever work prior to the DVD. For an example when using sites like you tube?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Never tried. The Lenovo is held by a local society and has hitherto been used only for illustrations to talks - Powerpoint or just strings of slides.

Ok, can you please try YouTube first so we can rule out the DVD content as being the issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok Hang on a few minutes

Ok, thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just tried You-Tube and got not a squeak. So I have a duff sound card???
Ok, well it’s either the sound card or could be the drivers.
To further investigate I would need to remote into the tablet and review everything and try refreshing the drivers
We can safely say it’s either the sound drivers (most probably) or the cars itself.It’s upto yourself how you would like to proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK I will take the box to the shop round the corner. They mostly speak Polish, but do understand me. Bye and thanks