Shaz Yousaf
Shaz Yousaf, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MSc Computer Networks & Security
104442872

It's not my computer. It's my NOKIA LUMIA 130 mobile phone

Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: All I know is that it's a NOKIA Lumia 130. Is there any way of finding the information you asked for?
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Probably noticed it about a month ago. I rarely try and access the store.
When I try to access the Store, I receive error message 805a8011
Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to update What's App

Welcome to JustAnswer! I’m Shaz, a professional IT expert. I have over 8 years of experience in the industry with a Master’s Degree in Computer Networks and Security. I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you talk me through it please?

I am currently putting together four methods that can be used to try and over come the issue. Please allow me some time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok

Here are four methods to fix or solve error code 805a8011 in your Windows phones. Check these methods one-by-one and apply them until the problem gets solved.

Method 1:

This Problem is mostly caused by “LOW STORAGE” space on your phone.

Delete some Photos, Music or Videos to make some space.
For OS to work properly, it need some free space. So what you have to do is to free some space by deleting Photos, Music and other stuff. By this you can successfully fixed error code 805a8011 in Windows Phones. Atleast make 100MB or more of free space on your phone. If the problem is not resolved follow the next method.

Method 2:

Try to manually synchronize your Microsoft account:

Go to “Settings”.
Tap on “email + accounts”.
Tap and hold on “Microsoft account“.
Tap on “Synchronize“.
After Synchronizing error code 805a8011 in Windows Phones will be solved. Also, Check if “date and time” setting are correct and change them for manual. If the problem is not resolved follow the next method.

Method 3:

At first, connect you windows mobile device to a Wi-Fi or internet data.
Go to Sign In and create a new Microsoft Live account.
Now, open “Settings“. Tap on “Emails + Accounts“.
Now, Tap on Add “email“.
Now, select Microsoft account and type your Microsoft account’s credentials (Username and Password).
This will fix error code 805a8011 in Windows Phones. You can now install or update the apps on your Windows Phone easily. If the problem is not resolved follow the next method.

Method 4:

Reset the phone (Please note you will loose all personal infomation)

Try performing hard reset by following code
hard reset : *#7780#

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. Will do

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service, not the situation that I have no control over.

Your rating my service today is the only way I am paid by the website for using my valuable time. This is done by scrolling all the way to the top of the screen and clicking the stars.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help further.

Thankyou.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I delete? I have no music and very few photos. How do I transfer things to my SD card?

One moment i will send you some instructions on how to check storage usage on phone

Go to Menu, Settings, Phone and then Memory Status

If you have a memory card then by default it will save to that. Please let me know the reported space and i can advise if the space is sufficient.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have just found on settings / storage sense that I have over 1000 free MB on the phone and 1400 GB on the card.

Ok, so move onto the next method. The four methods provided are ways of resolving the error message.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I presume the £22 is not refundable as part of the trial

Sorry i just work for the site to answer questions. I have no idea on what they charge you and how the trial works. You would need to speak to customer services.

Please note rating my service has no correlation on what you may it simply lets the site know i have engaged with you and provided the best service possible.

Your rating my service is the only way I am paid by the website for using my valuable time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Method 2 doesn't offer a button saying synchronise. Don't worry, I will give you a good rating for being so patient and helpful

Ok, let me check that

Ok, as your phone does not have the manual synchronization you can achieve method two by checking the date and time in the Settings. Set up time, date and time zone manually, restart your phone and try to download or update an app from Windows Store again.

Method 2 simply was assuming your phone had the sync option but the above is what it was trying to achieve which you can follow.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it only offers setting date and time automatically. There's no manual option. Date and time are correct

Ok, try the other methods.

Please note the last one is a factory reset and will mean you loose all your personal information.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Apart from my address book, how can I be sure that I've transferred all my pictures to my card
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
or perhaps transfer them to my laptop?

Yes safest option would be to transfer them onto your Laptop.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How

You will need to take out the memory card use an adapter and plug it into your laptop. OR if your phone came with a data cable you can try plugging the phone directly into the laptop to see if it comes up as a removable storage device.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok. Thanks for all your advice. You have been very patient. I'm pretty IT literate for a 75 year old but I'm beaten by mobiles. I've saved the transcript and will follow your advice again. Many thanks for your advice. Janet

You Welcome. Thank you