Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

How can I connect my Lenovo yoga 530 laptop to two external

Hi How can I connect my Lenovo yoga 530 laptop to two external monitors?
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Its a Lenovo Yoga 530 running windows 10
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I tried an usb-c splitter but that did not work, I am currently connected to one external monitor via HDMI cable but as the laptop screen is only 14" I would like to add another monitor.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the splitter please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi it was USB-C to HDMI Adapter - 4K - 2 Port MST Hub - Thunderbolt 3 Compatible - Multi Monitor Splitter - HDMI Splitter it didn't work so I have sent it back now looking for a replacement

You use this adapter

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-SuperSpeed-Adapter-Windows/dp/B00BPEV1XK

Make sure it is connected to the USB port that is blue on the inside

And make sure to install the drivers that come with it, then it will work for you.

If you need anything else, please let me know and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi thanks for this will it allow me to connect 2 monitors to my laptop?

yes, one via the HDMI port on the laptop and then one on this adapter.

and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I see you left without providing me a rating.. this means I receive nothing for the service.

Is there a reason you choose to do this?