ShivaK
ShivaK,
104483593

I Movie has got stuck with stabilising clips and is trying

I Movie has got stuck with stabilising clips and is trying to cancel background tasks but it is taking for ever.
Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?
Customer: I have been using it for some while and I think the buffer used for stabilizing is full so it just hangs instead of fulfilling the task. I thought best to quit but this is now saying "Cancelling background tasks and has stuck at this.
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Macmini 10.14.2
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just trying to quit iMovie so it can free up from this stuck position
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you I will be fine once I know how to proceed safely without losing work
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, this is Shiva and I will be helping you with your issue today.

I understand that you are facing difficulties closing iMovie. I am sorry about that. I will be glad to assist you with the issue.

Please reply back when you are ready to proceed with the troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok

Please try the following step and let me know if it works.

• Click on Apple icon
  • Click on Force Quit
  • Select imovie from the list and click on Quit

I look forward for your reply to assist you further. Please find the screenshot attached below for reference.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok it worked. I was worried that the work completed would be lost but it seems ok though need to check.

If I have fully answered your question, please take a moment to scroll up the page and provide a 5 star rating. If you have additional concerns, please use the reply box and let me know so I can further assist you.

If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask.