Alex Royce
Alex Royce,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Prism
104779581

We havejust bought a new laptop with Windows 10. We are used

We havejust bought a new laptop with Windows 10. We are used to Win 7
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: I ahve downloaded and installed Thunderbird as we use that on Win 7 I cannot login to my wife's existing a/c. I need help, please
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only on other programs. We only bought it yesterday
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We get the Set up an existing a/c page from Thunderbird but as our email address is complicated I may be doing someting wrong

Hello there,

My name is ***** ***** it's a pleasure to be able to assist you today.

Are you on the computer now?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
on my Win & but the Win 10 is beside me
No problem, thank you. Would you like me to remote in and get this resolved, or try and talk you through it via this chat?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry Win 7 not Win&
No problem!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, not willing to pay more if you can't help please refund my £5
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you familair with theThunderbird setting up procedure for an existing account?
I am indeed! No problem I can help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK So we have my wife's name for 'your name' and of course her email address next. But we are with Plusnet so her email is '*****@******.***' same as the ending of my email. Then there is is her password ***** I have double checked on Win7.
Next I have set Incoming from IMAP to POP3 and entered mail.plus.net as Server hostname
Next is Outgoing SMPT which on Win 7 is set to***@******.*** (Default) I have tried it with & without '(Defaut)'
Last is User Name which is lancelotte in Win 7 but I have also tried john5leake+lancelotte
I have set the Ports to 110 and 587 (same as Win 7) and tried Normal Password ***** No authentication for 'Authentication'
Any suggestions?

Hello there, Are you there? can we get started on this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for delay in replying. I have been out. However in overnight thoughts I remembered to get out the original setting up instructions from Plusnet so I have now cracked it. Thanks & goodbye

No problem, thanks for letting me know i appreciate it :) If you would please take a second to rate your communication with me here i would be very grateful, that is how i am compensated for my time by the website - thank you!

Please :)