Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  30 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I cannot remember my admin password. Think I may have reset

Hi I cannot remember my admin password. Think I may have reset but need to download anti virus and can’t. I can access through user (it’s my daughters laptop) and I put the admin on for parental control but didn’t back up on disk
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Lenovo ideapad110
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I’ve tried pressing f8 but nothing happens. I get the screen stating user or admin & can access through user but not admin
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: She lost it for a while & I know I pressed f8 when got it back so may have reset it already. Just need to know how to override admin or reset it
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m ok to wait a little longer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today. Are you referring to the password ***** use to sign into Windows?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No onto the actual laptop. Although it might be windows as think I have done factory reset without realising. When I switch on it states user & admin. I have managed to update user so daughter can get access but I need admin for protection & isn’t accepting my password
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks Dan but would prefer to try person connection first. Appreciate it tho

You may disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote or Phone Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site.

Does your laptop have a CD/DVD player?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
it does but I didn’t back up my admin password ***** the time as knew I’d remember. I think I have done a factory reset without realising & don’t know how to proceed to change admin now.

If you had done a factory reset, your daughters profile and sign in information would have been cleared as well.

I can provide you with a link for a password ***** disk if you would like to use that?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That would be great. Will it be safe?

Yes. I have used and recommended them many times. Give me a minute please.

Check this LINK please.

Dan, Network Administrator
Experience: 30 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.