Alex Royce
Alex Royce,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Prism
104779581

Toshiba satellite starting then switching its self off have

Toshiba satellite starting then switching its self off have removed battery and power lead and held power button for 30 sec and put lead back in and still will not start
JA: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?
Customer: lap top
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?
Customer: window 8
JA: Does your laptop make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?
Customer: fan starts no lights apart from a small blue one on the leading edge front
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** it's a pleasure to be able to assist you here today :) are you ready to get started?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

How old is your laptop?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
5 years

Ok. It sounds like the power board in the actual device has gone itself. To be completely honest, the money you would spend on repairing this is counter productive. You are better off purchasing a new laptop, and transferring everything from your old one, onto the new one (a local computer store will be able to help you with that, it's a 2 second job). I have to give honest and the best advice, laptops are only built to last generally between 3-5 years.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok thanks

No problem, can you please rate me using the stars in the top right hand corner based on our communication? if you buy a new device and want me to set anything up, just come back here and reply, i will do anything to help :)

By the way, i am in the UK too, so if you do need anything - i can probably help you get a new laptop etc.