projectx2501-PHD-DBA
projectx2501-PHD-DBA, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Over ten years experience in information systems management!
65274887

Strong paper jam A3 printer/ scanner. Part of 2 sheets stuck

strong paper jam A3 printer/ scanner. Part of 2 sheets stuck in rear exit
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: BrotherMFC-J85200W
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: since to jam Most of the two sheets which jammed have been extracted but they tore leaving portion with only small amount extractable
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Have not updated ever
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Tried using pliers but it allows the protruding paper to tear I need guidance if it is possible to take the printer partly apartto release the remains of the paper stilled jammed . Paper protruding is now quite short

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. So that I can best answer your question I have a couple of questions for you. Are you ready now?

I am sorry for the wait but i will be happy to assist. Is there any way you can send me a picture of where the paper is pertruding so I can tell you where to press or pull or what to do?? If you cant that is ok, maybe just tell me the area

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The printer has a rear exit where the paper path is turned back towards the exit. It is curvedwith small rotating plastic "rollers". That assembly is free to roll backwards . The jammed remains of the two A3 sheets are where the paper path goes forwards I cant see any of the remains in the front exit behind the green screen or feel them but illuminating them is difficult

Please see the attached image. Which would you say is the location of the jam?? I want to make sure I give you the correct advice.

Based on what you have described it would like be helpful for you to remove the print fuser. Be sure that the printer has cooled down (after printing) which I am sure it has but be cautious. Next open the printer's back door as shown on the image attached. Then use your fingers to evenly press on the colored levers as shown in the image attached and pull the entire fuser unit so that it slides evenly at the same time from both corners (see image). Remove any paper jams and insert the fusing unit. You should here it snap back in. Then test.

Please let me know how it worked out or if you need any further assistance. I will stay on and watch out for your message to make sure everything worked out or to assist you further. If this fully answers your question, please be kind enough to provide a rating for my services and mark the question as answered. Please note 1) You are providing a rating of my services and my sevices only and not the final outcome of your problem or how anything outside the scope of my service 2) Your rating will affect me personally and me alone. If you need any additional help, please do not provide a rating yet but rather let me know how else I can assist and I will be happy to assist you until your question is answered to your satisfaction. Thank you again Art

Second picture.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The picture showing rear view of the fuser is the area of the problem Your arrow shows paper path coming out.
I assum that trying to remove by pulling is part of the problem The remaining paper is now onlya few mm long

Did you remove the fuser and it is still Jammed? If you removed the fuser and placed it back, try printing something using a think piece of paper. This may dislodge the jam.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How do I remove fuser to see if that releases pressure

I sent you the instructions. You just lift two levers and pull the unit out,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I cant locate the levers to release the fuser