JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

Both my iPad and iPhone, when I use apps requiring access to

Hello, both my iPad and iPhone, when I use apps requiring access to Internet, cannot get a response from my Internet server brackets talk talk) this happened very recently and only discovered it about two days ago. I have an Apple account and a email address of***@******.*** am 85 and totally bemused can you help me please. The only place I can find my Apple password ***** ***** the head of the settings page
JA: When could you last open your software?
Customer: About two days agoAnd I've been trying ever since without success to sort things out
JA: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?
Customer: I seem vaguely to remember there was an update recently that I usually accept them and then leave them to run up
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing except, like others, I can't operate properly without iPhone which is synchronised normally with the iPad I don't even get mail. To my Apple address now and I'm wondering whether there is a conflict because my email work is mainly on talk talk on a desktop computer

Does this fault occur when using WIFI or 3G?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have experienced that on my PC but how can you do that on my iphone or iPad - that would be the quickest
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I didn't think that was piece of kitpossible to a mobile pirece of kit like an iPad

You are correct remote assistance is not possible, the offer for assistance was automated based on you selecting a computer category.

With regard to the issue at hand, are all devices connected to your WIFI haveing this issue or only the iPhone and iPad?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ehen I am using 3g on the phone and wiFi

If WIFI is connected the phone will route its connection via WIFI and not via 3G, so lets turn off WIFI on the phone and see if you can now access the internet.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
dONE THAT BUT NO CHANGE SECONDARY INFO FOR aPPLE id ETC IS NONE RESPONSIVE
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
switched off the WiFi to my router address (talktalk) but no change on either phone or pad.

Sorry I dont understand what you mean but 'no change secondary info'

Does the iPhone have signal, and are you able to make and receive calls?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have 2 bars on the signal and TRIED RINGING MY LANDLINE - NOTHING HAPPENED

Right now put the phone into airplane mode, and enable WIFI.

Then go into settings and check the phone is connect to your WIFI.

Once it is, go to Safari and check you can get to www.bbc.co.uk

Let me know the outcome.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It now occurs to me that my Apple ID which appears at the op of Settings with my picture is correct but whne I tap on Name, phone Numbers, email notheing happens

Thats a seperate issue, lets focus on the original question around Internet connection.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do I bring up Siri

Safari is what you need, this is the icon you use for the web browser on the phone home screen.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Found it and it is on but request to call a contact brought forth nothing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sAFARI RESPONDS "SERVER STOPPED RESPONDING"

Ok it sounds like your phone is corrupt and needs reset, lets focus on the iPad.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please do

So on the iPad, you go into settings and its showing it connected to WIFI?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
talktalk serverfor WiFi
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK go to remote connect to my iPad

Right if you click on the WIFI name what does it say next to IP address and router

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
TALKTALKK7F3D008
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sORRY iDIOT HERE 192.168.1.9
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
FOR THE ROUTER 192.168.1.1
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sORRY WHERE IS THAT TO BE FOUND PLEASE

Right I have the info, go to safari and try and go to google.co.uk and let me know what it says.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i HAVE DONE A SEARCH AND IT SAYS REOMOVE ALL MOBILE DATA PLANS
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
tWO ICONS SHOWING FOR SAFARI - ONE IS FOR CLOUD THEN A LIST OF VARIOUS RE SETS
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
TWO ENTRIESAFTER ENTERING GOOGLE .CO.UK IN SAFARI TOOL BAR WITH " CANNOT" INDICATED ON
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
SERVER STOPPED RESPONDING
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
itHE cANNOR REPONSE IN FULL sAFARI COULD NOT OPEN THE PAGE THE SERVER STOPPED RESPONDING

I am unclear where you going for it to reference mobile data plans, from the iPad you have gone into Safari (there can only be one icon)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i WENT TO THE ICON ON THE dESK TOP - WAS THAT WRONG?

On the iPad there is a icon which says safari

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
tHAT IS THE SAFARI i TRIED AND THE GOOGLE ON TOO - SAME RESULT
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
lOOK jAMES, LET US CALL IT A DAY i HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO AND i WILL WRITE OFF THE TH £27.i HAV EJUST REALISED THAT MY APPLE PADDRESS APPEARS NOWHERE ELSE - EVNE IN THE MAIL SETTINGS - THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT

Best thing to do is go into an Apple Store when in town and they will sort out your iPad and iPhone for you in store.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i THINK YOU ARE RIGHT WE HAVE ON HERE IN bRID sORRY TO SPOIL THE 100% RECORD - J
You have been very patient with me
Bruce
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cheers, ***** ***** trying

No problem Bruce, the question stays open for 30 days so in the event you able to make progress and want to look at this again just drop me a message here. HAve a good evening.