JakeUK
JakeUK, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  IT Services, 10 Years Experience, Bsc Business IT, MCSA, PRINCE2, CompTia (A+,Network+,Server+,Security+)
105381324

I am really hoping you can help me. I work in PSE14. I

Hi Pearl, I am really hoping you can help me. I work in PSE14. I frequently edit loads of images from one event to get them ready for our website (about 200 at any one time). Each image requires its own bespoke editing; some need lightening, some need darkening, some need cropping, some need a combination of all three. At the moment, as I edit each image, when I Save As, that then takes me out of PSE, and I have to open PSE again to work on the next image. It's taking me hours & hours. Is there a quicker way without coming out of Photoshop for each image? Isobel
JA: What exactly is having screen issues?
Customer: What? Did you read my last message? Isobel
JA: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: I work on Windows. I work in Photoshop Elements 14.
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't think you are understanding my message. Your answers are not pertinent to my message.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please connect me.
Good morning, I am just reviewing your query. Jake
The ability to manage large amount of images at once is better supported in full photoshop than elements, however elements does have some support for this. It’s known as batch editing. Honestly, the best way to learn how to use this would be to type ‘photoshop elements 14 batch editing’ into google or YouTube, where you would be able to watch some tutorial videos? I can provide some guidance, but as you mention they sometimes need editing differently, watching some tutorials to begin with may be the best approach? Happy to help further though!
Jake
Afternoon. I am just following up to see if the information provided earlier was of any use? Did you find some good content regarding batch processing?
Please do get back to me as i would like to ensure you have the information you needJake
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Well, sort of. If have been googling it alot. But when I try to do it on the strength of an on-line tutorial I'm not sure my software is the same as theirs because I can't make it work. In an ideal world what I would like is a human being sitting next to me at my computer showing me how to do it!! The trouble with google is that they assume that you want to do a whole batch with the same editing specifications. My edits have to be bespoke for each image. No two images necessarily require the same edit; especially for cropping. What I'm trying to avoid is opening an image, editing it, saving it, then coming out of PSE14 to find another image, open it, edit it, save it etc... The problem is that I don't want to continually have to come out of PSE14 after editing an image, only to have to open up PSE14 to start on the next image. When I've got 100 images or more, it's a faff as you can imagine!!

If you like, i will be available after 5pm (or tomorrow morning if you prefer). We could do a remote session to your PC and you can show me what you are doing so I can see if there is a faster way of you doing it? you may be right, because each image requires different editing, batch processing might not be the best solution for you.

Let me know?

Jake

Hi, just following up to see if you are interested in a remote support session with me, to look at this issue with you?

Jake

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Jake, I'll hold off for the remote session for the moment, thank you. Someone told me today that they use Lightroom for what I'm trying to achieve. I might try fiddling around with that. If I have a problem I'll get back to you. Many thanks, Isobel