birooinam
birooinam,
105203337

Epson XP-442 printer. Just changed Cyan ink cartridge. After

Epson XP-442 printer. Just changed Cyan ink cartridge. After ink charging period, it comes up with error message 000041 and says to turn the printer on and off. Done this, but it just repeats.
JA: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)
Customer: Cannot get past the error message: just says turn off and on, but when I do, the error message returns.
JA: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?
Customer: Just removed the new cyan cartridge and wiped its contacts: same result. What does error code 000041 mean? Manual does not say.
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything else.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your printer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK - so what does error code 000041 mean on an Epson XP-442 - the manual doesn't say.

The Epson printer error 00041 occurs when the ink cartridge isn't installed appropriately in the printer or maybe due to an expended cartridge

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this was a brand new Epson cartridge - do I just bin it and buy another? That's £11 pound odd down the drain, but if that's what it takes ....

Remove the cartridge again. try installing it again and check.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Done that - twice now - still the same error message

Turn off the printer. Unplug the power cable,wait for 2-5 mins. Replug it back and turn back on the printer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Done that - 5 min. wait - same message

Okay. Either the cartridge is defective or it is not being put in a proper way. If you think you are doing it in the right way then replace the cartridge

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I opened another brand new Epson cyan cartridge and carefully replaced it, removing the piece of yellow tape, gently pressing it down until it engages. I left it switched off for another 5 minutes; switched on - same 000041 error message.

Turn off the printer. Remove all the cartridges and place them again. Once done turn it back on and check

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did as you suggested - took all four out, put them back, turned on - same messge

Do you get the error on the printer only or on the computer as well ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just on the printer - I was actually using it in Copy mode, not Print mode.

Check the little metal clips that directly contact with the chip and clean the dust with a cloth.Then, clean the chip of the cartridge as well.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've removed all four cartridges again and cleaned all four cartridge connections in the printer cavity as well as all four cartridge connections. I used a lint-free lens cleaning cloth. Still the same message when I switched back on.

If you have already cleaned with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any) and waited for 10-15 mins for drying, then the internal drive motor that has faulted, it has seized up.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just used a dry cleaning cloth, but I have now repeated the cleaning with a damp cloth. I'll leave it to dry for 10-15 mins and then try again. If it is still the same and it is indeed a failed internal drive motor, is this something that can be repaired, or does that tend to be more expensive than just buying a replacement printer?

I would say go for a new printer. Internal drive motor will be expensive

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK - thanks very much for your assistance.

Great. If finished please scroll to the top and rate the support. Thanks.