JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

Could i speak to a person? hp officejet 7000 wideformat

hi pearl could i speak to a person ?
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: hp officejet 7000 wideformat windows 10
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: one of your chaps put it right the other day but it has now wrong again,
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to speak to a person if possible. I did get to one last time

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
you can connect to my computer

What appear to be the issue?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no I didn,t have to pay the last time your man fixed it, but has now returned to a problem he fixed
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
can you go through a few things first please

I cant see the previous question raised, to clarify your contacting Just Answer we offer a chargeable expert service.

Additional services such as call and remote assistance would incur additional charges.

What is the issue your facing with your Officejet on Windows 10?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
lets just go through what ever you can do now

Ok what is the issue you're facing?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
to start the lights on the front are flashing. i took out the print head and cleaned it and it then started to flash.

Right so the print head was removed cleaned, refitted into the cradle, ink reinstalled, and the printer lights kept on flashing?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
are you still there ?

Yes I am awaiting you to confirm what I have said above..

The print head was removed cleaned, refitted into the cradle, ink reinstalled, and the printer lights kept on flashing?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks I did,n see your reply at the topi have just cleaned them all again and waiting to see what effect it has done. currently it is just going through a lot of cranks and movements
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it has stopped now. shall I try to print?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what do you think James ?

Sorry for the delay in responding, yes please not try and print your issue was most likely the print head not being seated correctly.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
every thing seems to be acting ok now. is it worth trying to print now or what do you suggest

Yes place a couple of test prints, colour as well as black and white.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi James again. the print in colour is not at all good. there are lines of yellow and blue across
the print

Then it points to a faulty print head, you could try and clean it again you can buy a flushing liquid but from my experience print head cleaning only works 25% of the time.

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I think about 10 years

Your probably better at looking at buying a new printer then, typical life expectancy of a printer is 10-12 years.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it was working very well when your man changed the setting last time. would it have any problems on my new computer whichis windows 10 as against the last one it was connect to was windows 7 or 8. Ta one time i got a message on your site say the the usb on this was a usb3 and the prrinter was a usb2.but when a checked with curry,y they said the every thing will work on 3 and2. any idears

Yes Curry's are correct you dont need to worry about USB versions.

Your issue is a print head issue, not software related.

A new print head would cost around £100.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sounds as if we are finished james. is that right ?

I am afraid so, there isnt anything more you can do due to having a hardware failure.