Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

Switched on, black screen, checked with my isp and all

switched on, black screen, checked with my isp and all checked out okay including my fibre copper connection, switched off bt modem and my router,removed plugs for 10 mins, switched on and 3 blue lights at the far right of router came on then the red light which goes off when modem is loaded , then the 5 blue lights should appear but they do not. I have also switched monitors and i still get the black screen. Please bare in mind i am a silver surfer with very limitef knowledge of computers, please could you advise, thank you, Roger.
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: I only use ethernet
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: the three on the right when switched on from mains are BLUE when they go out a RED comes on and when that goes out i have a connection with the remaining light staying on BLUE, this is now not happening
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a cost ?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid-support site. My name is ***** ***** I'll be advising you today. what are you switching on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
TP-LINK C900

That device doesn't have a screen... you said switched on, blank screen

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do NOT wish to switch to a Secure Remote Assistant

We can continue via chat if you like. Those offers are sent automatically by the website (even though they are worded like I'm sending them), I have no control over them.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks please carry on with my problems

Are you saying you have no lights on your modem or that nothing is coming up on your computer screen... these are two different things.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BlBANK SCREEN ON BOTH OF MY MONITORS

What monitors? For a computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lg and viewsonic are monitors

Okay, you didn't say that in your initial question.

Is the PC they're connected to turned on? Are the plugs between them and the computer tight?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No lights showing on Tp-Link router. Tried to use two monitors but have black screen on both

Do you have all of this plugged into the same power strip? Did you blow a circuit breaker because the compter, monitors shouldn't be black because the router is black. They will still power up even if the router isn't there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PC turned , all plugs have been checked

What do you mean by PC turned? Did you turn it around?

You're also not answering my questions completely. I understand you may not be familiar with tech, but these short incomplete sentences are confusing and only making it more difficult to get the info I need to help you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try again in main english, NO lights showing on router, Computer Monitor is showing only a BLACK ,PLAIN screen when switched on, sorry i cannot explain any different.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sending these messages from laptop with WIFI

Okay, let's forget about the router... once again, it doesn't matter if the router is on or not. The computer should still power up and work even without the router.

I need you to follow these steps...

1. Unplug the computer from mains and leave it unplugged for 2 to 5 minutes (the longer the better).
  2. With it still unplugged press and hold the power button, on the device itself, for a full 60 seconds.
  3. Then, release the power button and plug the device back in and turn it back on.

If you don't see anything on the screen it probably means the computer has failed and needs to be serviced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thanks for your help.

You're welcome, I wish there was more I could do, but it's currently not possible to fix problems like this remotely.