Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have fibre broadband from you. however at the moment It

Hi i have fibre broadband from you. however at the moment It runs at the speed of a snail. how can I speed it up. Also there are times when the laptop refuses or cannot connect to the internet.
JA: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your laptop?
Customer: i was contacted by someone who said they worked for you, but I'm not sure if they did or not. Yes Connected & secured
JA: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?
Customer: Power & Broadband are solid, other are blinking
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was contacted by someone from TT last night, who had me delving into the innards of the OS, I cannot remember how, but, they showed me a list of 20,000 + errors which they said was slowing it all down. This seemed logical to me, but, the call was terminated b4 I could sort it all out.

Hi there and welcome

Can you pleas e tell me the make and model of the wifi router?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
talktalk is the company name. Model is Huawei HG 633

• Power on the Huawei Router, place a paper clip or Pin into the hole on the back of the Router labeled Reset.
  • Hold paper clip or pin down for 10 to 15 seconds and release.
  • The Router will reboot on its own. Once the WLAN light stops blinking, the Router is reset.
  • Please Note, Resetting the Huawei router does not reset the firmware to an earlier version. It will only change all settings back to factory defaults.

Then tell me how it now functions please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don't know if the router is actually at fault It may be the laptop.

thats what we are working to confirm

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If I do as you say wont I lose the connection to yourself, if so how do I get it back?

you can leave this page open

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
As before the power & broadband are solid, the other 4 are blinking

ok, now how is the speed and performance?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
how do //i check them?

use the internet, see how it now performs

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It seems to be running a fair bit faster than b4.

ok, it will normally be this, use it and if the problem returns, let me know here

and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.