Try this, if it is your login password ***** the Apple laptop that you want to reset:
1. with the Apple computer powered Off... power On the computer.
2. ...and hold down both the Command and the R keys at once, when the gray screen appears...
3. ...and then keep holding them down, until the Apple logo appears. Then let go of the two keys.
4. Then wait a bit, until the top menu bar appears, and then
5. ...select the Utilities tab.
6. Select 'Terminal'
7. and in the Terminal when it opens, type in this command:
with no spaces in it, and then press the RETURN key once.
8. Then close the Terminal window. You will then see the Reset Password *****
9. Select the user account to reset, and enter a new password ***** your choice for it - or no password ***** all if you wish.
10... and click on SAVE.
11. Then restart your computer, and the account you selected will have that password ***** to that assigned value.
- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.
If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.