Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a Samsung J6 and I want to transfer the photos from

Hi - I have a Samsung J6 and I want to transfer the photos from Gallery to my Dell laptop. I have connected the phone to the laptop using a usb cable but dont seem to be able to do it... can you help?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: not sure - how do i find out?
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried blue tooth and that didnt work. I also tried going into photos on the laptop and clicked on import from the phone - but nothing..
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message? Does the computer detect the phone when the phone is connected to the computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the computer detects the phone and says it has identified 533 pics and there is a button to import pictures but when I click on it nothing happens

Thank you. Does your computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10? Can you open File Explorer (or Computer), then open your phone device icon there?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
windows 10

Thank you. Please click on the small yellow folder icon located at the bottom of your computer's screen (or open any folder on your computer), then click on option "This PC" on the left, then do you see your phone icon there?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i see the phone icon but the green bar along the top of the folder is taking a long time to load
now seeem to be into the phone icon...

Great. Please open the phone icon on your computer, then open the phone option, etc. if shown, then open folder DCIM, then open folder Camera, then can you transfer / copy any photo you want there to the computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i will try but first trying option of 'card' ...when I clicked on J6 icon it gave two options of phone or card and now I think my photos are actually on an sd card rather than phone memory - so just trying that first..
Its worked!!

Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,