Shaz Yousaf
Shaz Yousaf, Consultant
Experience:  MSc Computer Networks & Security
104442872

Why is it that when I Skype my son in Australia, it keeps

Why is it that when I Skype my son in Australia, it keeps cutting out every 2 or 3 minutes. Very frustrating
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: ?OC and Windows 7
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Been happening for about 4 months. Haven' tried anything as I don't know how. (I'm a pensioner with limited knowledge)
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really thankyou.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I’m Shaz, a professional IT expert. I have over 8 years of experience in the industry with a Master’s Degree in Computer Networks and Security. I will be assisting you today.

Do you get any kind of message before it cuts out or do you get an error when it cuts out?

While i wait for a reply i would like to mention the most common reason for cut outs - INTERNET CONNECTION!

If your Internet connection isn't sufficient, you may experience interruptions while using Skype. Skype support recommends shutting down downloads and other bandwidth-heavy programs to optimize your connection. If your webcam and microphone are connected to your computer via USB, the connections might be loose or absent. Check them before we look at making any configuration changes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No warning,, just asks me to rate this connection.

I have accepted the remote secure connection request. I will get a session setup so i can take over the machine and review your skype config and internet connection

Let's begin the remote help session now. Please note, these instructions are done on a computer.

Please click the below link and follow the instructions provided so I can connect:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4dcae2e8-4393-43ba-8d99-c41eaf996f68

Then click the I Agree button near the bottom of the web page to download the remote assistance program.
Select Run if prompted and if not prompted then double click the Elsinore file in your downloads folder to start the remote assistance session