Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have an MSI GP62MVR Leopard Pro laptop, and it was working

Customer Question

Hello, I have an MSI GP62MVR Leopard Pro laptop, and it was working fine up until last night. I go to boot it up today, and all it does is show the Dragon Center and nothing else. Any ideas? Thanks.
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: MSI GP62MVR, Windows 10.
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I installed the latest Windows 10 update last night.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is Chris!

It sounds like you may have gotten a bad update.

Are you able to actually log in to the laptop?

NOTE: You may see a pop-up offer for remote assistance. That is an automated offer. Please just close it out and return to the chat.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Chris! No, all I’ve got is a black screen and then the Dragon Center diagnostic box shows up, but no Windows interface. Tried switching off and on, same thing happens.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

Okay, so you're not even getting to the Windows login then?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No Windows login.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

Hmm, okay. . .

Does the issue seem to correlate with the last Windows update you installed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well it was working fine immediately after it installed, but now for some reason it isn’t.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

Go ahead and try something for me real quick.

Turn the system off completely and then power it back on. As soon as it starts powering back on, repeatedly tap the F3 key and tell me if that takes you to a recovery menu.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No recovery menu. It just immediately gives me the Dragon Center again.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

Okay.

Give me a few minutes to look at something for you. Please stand by.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

No problem.

Do you by chance have access to another computer running Win 10?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Unfortunately not, sorry.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

All right.

It sounds to me like Win 10 is going to have to be recovered and it also sounds like you may need a recovery drive to do that.

But what I'm going to do is opt out of this question and open it up for some other Experts to chime in her if they have some other ideas. You will be notified when there's another response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Chris, I appreciate the help.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 3 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator