Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My computer is fine. I can’t access my hotmail/ outlook

Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?
Customer: I have forgotten my password
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: I am accessing on my iPhone
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried to sign on my laptop but that also didn’t work

Hi there and welcome

What exactly is the message you get when you try to access the account?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Incorrect password
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried a few times so now denied access
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried to answer enough questions but not satisfactory

Please give me a phone number to call you on

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will be in school ( teacher) so will be off my device

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

The phone number ending in 24, do you still have it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That’s the issue, this my dubai number
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not active anymore

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Hotmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Hotmail states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Hotmail has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Hotmail, their policies, or the situation itself.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh nooooo!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had 2 or 3 passwords.. that I usually use... nothing worked
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My £22 got wasted

We can only answer questions regarding the reality of the situation sorry

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I understand. Thank you very much for your help.