Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years ISP Technical Support
20401521

Forgotten i-cloud password for I-phone 6s. I remember the

Forgotten i-cloud password ***** I-phone 6s. I remember the Id
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: Apple ID i have had since the phone was received, maybe 3 years ago, never had to worry about i-cloud
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: The phone was reset but stops at i-cloud, i have forgotten the password. Well, at 71 years of age give me a break.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope, just a silly old man

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

I'd be happy to help you reset your Apple ID password ***** Before we begin, can you respond as soon as you can see my messages?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK

Great! To get started, please click the Secure Connect button and I'll be happy to reset this for you. If you prefer to do it yourself, let me know as well and I can provide some steps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, Could you provide some steps please.

Sure no problem! This process does take a bit longer to go through but we can go through the steps together.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, Could you provide some steps please. OK

May I get your Apple ID (Email Address)?

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, Could you provide some steps please. OK***@******.***. There is a few devices on this router right now will you be able to find the the Apple 6s ?
Hi, you there?

Yes I am here. I just got your last message.

May I get your first and last name?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, you there? Thomas Harvey

Thank you! Hi Thomas. Nice to meet you in our short chat together.

Do you have access to that Yahoo email address still? I can send a password ***** to it for you.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, you there? Thomas Harvey I have access
The phone Apple ID is***@******.***
Just no password

Okay, so the Apple ID you are having an issue resetting is***@******.***?

I just want to make sure I reset the password ***** the correct account.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's the one.

Okay, can you verify your phone number for me?

• ‎••••• ••••69
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's the one. Hi ?
I don't have a phone sim card in at the moment but I have wi-fi connection,do you want me to put a sim card in??

Yes and let me know the full phone number so I can authenticate your account.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's the one. Hi ?
OK, give me a minute.***********
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's the one. Hi ?
OK, give me a minute.***********Ok?

Were you able to put in the sim card?

While I was waiting, this is where we're at with the password ***** I humbly apologize a million times but please bear with me there aren't any security questions that were setup on this account that would help us reset this quicker. We do have another option and that is, I can have someone contact you via phone from the Apple Customer Service phone support center to have them see if there are other security methods on file to help reset this with you. However, because you are in UK, I'd have to give you the support number to call because the system was built for the USA number format and doesn't quite work for the UK phone number format.

That is one option to call. If you don't want to talk to someone on the phone, I can process this change request but it could take days and once it is reset, they will email you further instructions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's the one. Hi ?
OK, give me a minute.***********Ok? SIM card inserted
Yeah, Ok, I can wait a few days, Spent £25.00 to reset the phone 1st, and they couldn't clear the i-cloud account and now £5.00. I'll wait for a reset. Will it com from you to***@******.***? Asking becuase the I-phone is disabled until i-cloud is reset.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's the one. Hi ?
Yeah, Ok, I can wait a few days, Spent £25.00 to reset the phone 1st, and they couldn't clear the i-cloud account and now £5.00. I'll wait for a reset. Will it come from you to***@******.***? Asking because the I-phone is disabled until i-cloud is reset.

It would come to the email on file which is the***@******.***. Would that be a problem?

I see you have an iPad. Do you have access to that device?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's the one. Hi ?
Yes, I worked for Siemens for 15 years, retired and they let me keep the phone but they kept the SIM card. I can verify through my ex line manager that this is correct. Now I have no access to the Siemens e-mail system. So***@******.*** is my contact e-mail address.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's the one. Hi ?
The i-pad has been returned as well. It is full of sensitive and proprietary data. But, does this password ***** need another apple product? My wife has i-phone and i-pad.

I had a worry with a Siemens email address that it might have been a former email account. This makes the troubleshooting a little more difficult because the security protocol doesn't allow to send to another email address. People might try to get into other's accounts. So since you don't have access to that email address, it might make much more sense to contact the support group otherwise you'll be waiting for an email to come to an email address you don't have access to.

You will be able to have them help you access that device again and change the email on file so you'll be able to get everything tied together. And you won't have to worry about this in the future. It's important this is done now so if a password ***** pops up again, you won't have this problem. You'll have the proper email on file to receive password *****

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's the one. Hi ?
OK, looks like I will need to contact the support group, could you provide me full contact details please.

I can have you reach the technical support group at: 0800(###) ###-####

You can give them a call and they can help you with your account. They'll have more access to modify the account as necessary. However, that does close our chat as you'll now be working with a phone rep. It has been great working with you Thomas! I'm going to add my closing message if you don't mind with the next steps before you close out. Feel free to reply if you have more questions too!

If my support was helpful, please rate my service using the star rating. Your rating is very important to me. Scroll this chat screen all up and you will see stars, click the stars and click submit. That’s all! Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's the one. Hi ?