Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

Is it possible to detect if a personal e-mail account has

Is it possible to detect if a personal e-mail account has been hacked, and if so can the content be recovered
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: outlook.com
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: a browser, google internet explorer,msn
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried deleted,archive sent items, nothing there
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is only specific e-mails that have been affected, there is no other interference

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Before I answer your questions, few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. How do you access your personal email account? Is it through a web browser like Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome or Safari? Or is it through an email program like the Mail app or MS Outlook 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Jess,I;m using windows, google,internet explorer

Are you still able to access the email account right now using a web browser?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still have access to my account, this is done through my employers PC or public PC

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen? I can directly check the signs for possible hacking and help you secure it. We can also try to recover any emails missing if they are still recoverable.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=dceb198e-60dc-4ee0-8a1b-e843cff34c65

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no disclaimer button on the secure remote assistance session, I cannot onnect

Please click on the link I gave you, then click on the I Agree button to download the remote tool. After downloading, just double click on the downloaded file to join me in the remote session.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It won't download ,I am going to try another machine

Ok. If it is another machine, I suggest we use TeamViewer.

Please manually visit this link on the other machine, or the machine you are using now:

http://filesxpress.com/

In the right panel, locate and click on "TeamViewerQS-Win-v13.exe"

In the page that opens, click on the DOWNLOAD button and download the tool.

After downloading, double click on it to run it. Then give me the ID and password ***** DO NOT CLOSE that small teamviewer window.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I made a mess of downloading teamveiwer,is it possible to continue searching for lost e-mails

Yes, I could help you better if we are on a remote session through TeamViewer. There are several places to look and I want to cover all options. If you want to do the search on your own, then the only place you can easily go to the "Deleted Items" folder in your Outlook.com email.

Once you are there, locate the link at the top of the listed emails saying "Recover items deleted from this folder."

Here is my screen shot:

http://filesxpress.com/d-4362817a

Thanks,

Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can we try to download TeamVeiwer again

Sure. Please follow the procedures I gave you. Run teamviewer and then give me the ID and password.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm using my employer's computer, I got the TeamViewer download window , but this machine will not open it,is there another way?

Why is it not opening there? Is that machine running with Windows or a Mac?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its running on windows

Did you download the file named TeamViewerQS-Win-v13.exe? If yes, why is it not running on the machine? What error are you getting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I clicked the file name,I got two buttons,download and share, I clicked download, I got the ID,I double clicked the same download button as before, I got a small Teamveiwer window, I clicked the open option, then nothing

Oh oh! I believe you were able to open TeamViewer then! That was it. The window will just show you the ID and password. You just have to give me the ID and password ***** I will connect.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, the ID I received is 1336 539 895, the password ***** *****

Thank you. Please give me a moment to connect. Keep that TeamViewer window open.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi I have found the missing phone number, is it still possible to continue the search for signs of hacking
You can access your My Account page, then you will see Login or Sign In History. You can see there if someone from another place accessed your account. That is actually the only hint you can get - - the location where your account was accessed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks I'll give it a try
OK please take your time. I hope you remember what I did before. You were logged in to your account, then you click on your account name or icon at the top right of the page, then click View Account or My Account, something to that effect. Then a new page will open. If it is your first time to access it, you will be asked to verify your identity using your registered phone or alternate email. If the verification information are outdated, you cannot proceed since you cannot introduce a new verification information.
Once verified, you will see your account details. Click on the Sign In History and see if your account was accessed from a suspicious location.