Sudipto
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

How. can I delete.my late husbands email account I n, Yahoo,

How. can I delete.my late husbands email account I n
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Yahoo
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Phone and tablet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Apple
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband passed away and although I know his email address I don’t know his password, I have my own email and password. But on my new phone it keeps asking for his password

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm Sudipto and I'm happy to assist you today with your problem.

We know that dealing with the loss of a relative is very difficult. To protect the privacy of your loved one, it is our policy to honour the initial agreement that they made with us, even in the event of their passing.

In these cases, Yahoo has a process in place to request that your loved one's account be closed, billing and premium services suspended, and any contents deleted for privacy.

Unfortunately, Yahoo cannot provide passwords or allow access to the deceased's account, including account content such as email. At the time of registration, all account holders agree to the Terms of Service (TOS). Pursuant to the Terms (updated), neither the Yahoo account nor any of the content therein is transferable, even when the account owner is deceased.

Requesting to close the account

To process this kind of request, Yahoo requires specific documentation:

• A letter containing your request and stating the Yahoo ID of the deceased
  • A copy of a document appointing the requesting party as the personal representative or executor of the estate of the deceased
  • A copy of the death certificate of the Yahoo account holder

Sending options

Please send the requested information to us at the following address:

Concierge Executive Escalations

Yahoo Inc.
5250 NE Elam Young Parkway
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Again, we extend our condolences to you and your family. Please let me know if you need any further assistance, otherwise, please remember to provide a 3+ rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
3plus thanks

Please click the stars above this page and Submit button to complete the rating. Thanks for the rating.