Amarnath Sikdar
Amarnath Sikdar,
Experience:  L2 - Technical support at Zimplistic India Pvt Ltd
103391893

How do I transfer my contacts from an I phone to my Sony

How do I transfer my contacts from an I phone to my Sony xperia10 phone ?
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Iphone 6 Google
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New phone arrived yesterday. Tried nothing as yet
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I am a 78 year old with limited knowledge

Hello, Thank you for your question

This is Amarnath and I will be assisting you with your issue today.

If I understand you correctly, that you would like to transfer contacts from iPhone to sony Experia. Let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am ready

To be honest, there are many alternatives to copy iPhone contacts to new Sony Xperia phone beyond using the computer-based Phone Transfer, no matter what transfer method you plan to employ. ​

Xperia Transfer app launched by Sony makes it easy to migrate contacts, SMS, pictures, etc from your old device (Android or iOS) to the new Sony Xperia phone. For iPhone, you can choose to transfer contacts from the device itself or iCloud.

Let me give you the steps on both oprtion.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok

Option 1: Using Xperia Transfer App

• Download Xperia Transfer App and install the app on both handsets and get it started.
  • On Sony Xperia device, select the system by taping Apple iOS option. Then, you will be asked which method to transfer your contacts: iOS device or iCloud. Here we select "iOS Device" for example.
  • Use a USB OTG cable to connect Sony and iPhone. When a message pops up on both phones asking permission to access the content, tap Allow or OK.
  • After both smartphones are paired, Sony Xperia device will scan the data from iPhone and display all the transferrable files. Select contacts and other items you would like to move across. Then, tap the Transfer button to proceed.

Option 2: Import Contacts to Sony from iCloud Account

This option requires you to have a Google account to log into Google Contacts aside from iCloud account. For this process, you will need a computer and internet connection (Wi-Fi or data plan).

• On iPhone, switch over to Settings and tap iCloud. Enable Contacts option and merge all the iPhone contacts with iCloud.
  • Log into iCloud.com with Apple ID and password ***** the computer. Click Contacts option to view the directory. Click Settings at the lower-left area > Select All. Then, Click Settings one more time > Export vCard. The contacts will be downloaded to computer as VCF file.
  • Go to Google Contacts site on the computer (if you are using the new version, please switch to the old one). Click More > Import. Click Choose File button to locate the download VCF file on the computer and click Import to add the address book to Google account.
  • After that, you can sync the contacts with the same Google Account on your Sony Xperia handset.

Let me know if you need further assistance. I am happy to help you further.

If you are satisfied with my effort please do scroll to the top of the page and provide me with a rating it will be helpful for me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
will do. i'll follow the instructions and let you know

Sure, Thank you. If you are satisfied with my effort please do scroll to the top of the page and provide me with a rating it will be helpful for me.

Thank you. It was a pleasure helping you.