Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Dell laptop stuck on ‘Getting windows ready. Don’t turn off

Dell laptop stuck on ‘Getting windows ready. Don’t turn off computer’. How do I get beyond this?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: X521, I think. Windows 10 home
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes windows update came recently and all desktop items were much larger than usual. Then on restart this happened
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

I'm sorry about your Dell Windows 10 laptop computer issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Dell laptop for about ten seconds, then turn it back on and check? Does that work? Does that do anything?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

After holding the Power on / off button on your Dell laptop for about 10 seconds and then turning it back on, what's showing on the laptop's screen now?
We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Did that and everything now back to normal. Thanks for that but long delay caused by justanswer app not showing customer reply box. Now it does so I could respond to you. Thanks for everything I’m satisfied with your servise. Now signing off.John Buswell
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Problem solved quickly and easily.

Thank you for your feedback.