Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

My iPhone is stuck on quick start screen after doing back up

My iPhone is stuck on quick start screen after doing back up and trying to reload
JA: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Mac or device?
Customer: It’s currency on latest software and backed up this afternon
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don’t think so

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today. I have a follow up question for you today, see below. Kindly respond back to me with that information by using the box below.

FOLLOW UP QUESTION -> Please tell me what you have tried so far?

--

If you don't see a reply from me - please wait - i will reply as soon as I see it

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Done back up this afternoon. Tried restoring and cannit get passed quick start screen

iPHone model?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
iPhone 6

Okay and your question is why iPhone is stuck and possible options to take?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
need my phone working again

First lets try the hard reboot - hold the Power and Home Button for 30 Seconds till you see the Apple logo - then it'll restart, then attempt - let me know how that goes

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Still will not go past quick start screen

Did it reboot?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.

Okay that means there is an issue in the Operating System of your iPhone - you should reload the operating system using itunes - want the steps for that - will that help you satisfy and answer your question today?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I cannot do that as I cannot access anything as phone is not set up

The method I will share doesn't involve getting in the phone, its by using iTunes from a computer to reload the OS - make sense?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I only have ipad

You would need to get access to a computer - possibly the Library or a friends place - want the steps for that - will that help you satisfy and answer your question today?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
It don’t help as will be without my phone but send them by email then

That is the only option to get the phone back - you have to use a computer to reload the OS - Here are the steps:

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC. If you can't access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer with the cable that came with your device.
  3. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. If you forgot your passcode, get help.
  4. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes. For an unresponsive device or one that won't turn on, learn what to do. Or get help if your device doesn't appear in iTunes.
  5. In the Summary panel, click Restore [device].
  6. Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS or iPod software.
  7. After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.

-----------

See answer above, All I ask from you is to rate my personal experience with you, Please take a moment to rate my service (hopefully 5 stars :) ) and press submit at the top of your question page once you have a moment. This is the only way I get compensated for my time and effort. Thanks :)

if you scroll to the top of this page you will see stars to rate.