Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I need to delete an email, iCloud? Doctors.org.uk, iPhone or

I need to delete an email
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: iCloud ? Doctors.org.uk
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: iPhone or iPad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing ;) I am so upset
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to recall the email

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Are you saying you sent an email by accident and want to recall it?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No secure needed

What is your email address you used to send the message?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can you help me

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

In some company networks with their own mail servers it is possible to recall an email if the email server allows it. This is why you may see reference to this if searching online.

Unfortunately with doctors.org.uk it is not possible to recall an email after it has been sent. There is no time in transit and when you clicked send the email is already in the other person's inbox nearly instantaneously.

I am really sorry that there is not a way to recall it completely but as I said the message is already in their inbox at this point so it is out of your accounts control. It is the same thing as if you left a voicemail for someone. You would need access to their phone to delete it.

The only thing I can suggest is you attempt to “bury” the mail you do not want them to see. You do this by sending at least 10 or 15 emails to the person with the same subject which will push down the email you don’t want them to see. Then send them an email saying your computer went crazy and they should just delete those emails. Hopefully, they will never view it.

I am sorry about that but it is the truth and there is no way to recall the message.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Wow - thanks - how do I do that what would you recommend that’s genius - my ex is nasty
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What looks like spam ?

Just send a bunch of emails with a subject that says testing or something non descriptive, make sure all emails you send have the same subject, that is important! Just type like 1 word or letter and send them away. On the last one change the subject to "Sorry" and explain you had an issue with your mail and blasted out a bunch of messages by accident.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

You are very welcome best of luck.