Suma MN
Suma MN,
Experience:  Technical Support Engineer at Tanama Software Private Limited
104823085

Problem with HP Pavilion Laptop I had a call from someone

Problem with HP Pavilion Laptop I had a call from someone stating he was thetechhelpline.co.uk from Microsoft and that somehow he could tell my laptop had lots of errors on it. I took down the info he was giving me as to how he could show me errors. He asked for remote assistance which I did not give. When I ended the call I Followed the instructions he had given me to go into event viewer and it stated that there was 3646 events and all had Error beside them. What should I do about this?

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.
May I know whom I am chatting with?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My Name is ***** ***** I am 76 years old so please could you explain things in a way that I can easily understand. Thanks in advance.

Hi, Jean. An increasing number of computer users are receiving similar phone calls and some — afraid of potential data loss and device damage — are surrendering their bank account information in the hope this will protect their tech.

If you get such a call, we’re here to tell you — hang up. It is a SCAM!!!

Microsoft does not do that nor do they have partners who do that nor do they hire sub-contractors or people or even get volunteers to do that. Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

The event errors which they have shown are just the system error log events and you need not have to worry about it. Please do not allow any such persons to access your computer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Why were there so many system errors over 3600

The Windows Event Viewer shows a log of application and system messages, including errors, information messages, and warnings. It’s a useful tool for troubleshooting all kinds of different Windows problems. The Windows Operating system stores all such events when an error occurs for future use. You need not have to worry about these errors and they are not harmful.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok Suma you have put my mind at rest. Thank you

You are welcome. Thank you for contacting us. Feel free to contact us for further assistance. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Bye

Bye. Have a great day.