Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Thirteen years of experience providing computer support for fortune 500 companies and government.
22099314

I have just got a virus alert from Microsoft the computer is

I have just got a virus alert from Microsoft the computer is blocked
JA: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: don't know...how do I find out
JA: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried closing computer down will keeps reopening on the windows alert with flashing light and noise
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

My name is***** will want to perform a cold boot. If your computer does not respond to your computer keyboard and mouse, then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.

Power on the computer after it successfully powers off and see if that message clears up.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
just done this how long should it take to reboot

You do not reboot the computer. You power it off completely. Once powered off then power it back on.