Ricky- Expert Tech
Ricky- Expert Tech, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5+ Years in IT Support
98270431

I think my computer is ok. Apple mini mac, It might take me

Hi - I think my computer is ok.
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Apple mini mac
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It might take me a bit of time to find the OS system - I think it's OS 10.8 ?? But my problem should be simple to resolve - phone line in; socket splits line into two; 1 modem (TalkTalk) is working; 2 handset isn't.  That makes me think handset is broken and should be renewed. I don't think it's rocket science - is it?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no - I've been through this routine earlier today and got nowhere

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. Is the TalkTalk line going to a DSL Internet modem?

If you have used this setup before and it worked, it is most likely the handset is broken. However, if you have not used this setup before you may need a special adapter to use a phone on the same line as your modem. To find this out, please call TalkTalk directly at 0345(###) ###-####/strong>