Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor,
Experience:  System Engineer at Sword IT Soultions
102326245

My computer is fine. I have just bought a second hand Kindle

My computer is fine . I have just bought a second hand Kindle and do not know how to register it to receive books from my old account.It is my kindle.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have requested an OTP, put it in and then am told it is incorrect. I have checked but it is CORRECT.
JA: Anything else you want the E-Reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so.

Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is Andy and I will be helping you today.
I will do my best to get your issue resolved, quickly and effectively.

Have you signed into your account on the new Kindle?
Andy

As you have not replied, I am going to give you the best Answer/Explanation possible with the information you have given me.

Sync Your Books & Personal Documents Automatically

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
  2. Select the Settings tab.
  3. Under Device Synchronization (Whispersync Settings), set Whispersync Device Synchronization to ON or OFF.

It has been my absolute pleasure to be able to assist you today. Please let me know if you need any further information, I'm always happy to help

Andrew Taylor,
Experience: System Engineer at Sword IT Soultions
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Sorry, I had to leave off to go for lunch and then clear up. No I have not registered my 'new' kindle. Please would you help me? I am 80 and not very computer literate, just self taught. Thanks, Pennie
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I should like to get my Kindle working so that I an access books from Amazon as I used.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks, that should be ok.

Hello sir/madam, I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready.