Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

It's my printer it's refusing to print saying i need to

Customer Question

it's my printer it's refusing to print saying i need to register with hp ink but it's already printed 2 copies and i'm registered as i've already received new ink and had my account details e mailed to me
JA: What HP model do you have?
Customer: hp envy 5020
JA: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?
Customer: 1 week i keep switching off hoping it will reset but no
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: don't know what that is
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
just keeps saying cartridge can't be used until printer is enrolled in hp ink but i must be enrolled if hp sent me the ink and it's already copied some pages with this ink
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

It may be your payment information

Go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.

In the My Account section, click Change Billing Information, then Edit Payment Information.

Update it, save it, then restart the printer and try to print please