Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have had some type of bug in my computer, mac pro, mac os

Customer Question

i have had some type of bug in my computer
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: mac pro
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac Pro?
Customer: mac os catlina
JA: How long has this been going on with your Mac Pro? What have you tried so far?
Customer: when i open my all files in the finder there are thousands of unknot files keep coming to my mac despite i removed them they are multiplying more
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.