Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My laptop g5 after turning it off to leave a lecture, came

my laptop g5 after turning it off to leave a lecture, came back after a coffee to my next, can't get past the login screen
Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your G5?
Customer: I can't interact with the interface at all, using win 10 64
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your G5? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Nope I've literally just used it an hour ago, I installed visual studio code that's about it
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so, just that I can't click anything to even type in my pw

I'm sorry about your laptop issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button on your laptop for about ten seconds, then turn it on and check? Does that do anything? Does the cursor work?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Does nothing
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Straight back to the same screen

I'm sorry. So holding the Power on / off button does not do anything? Is the battery removable from the back of the laptop? If yes, can you remove the charger and the battery for a minute, then reinstall, then turn on and check?

Does it let you move the cursor?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There is no removable battery

Is the full model HP Elitebook 840 G5 or HP ProBook 450 G5, etc.?

If you connect a USB mouse or USB keyboard to the laptop, does it work?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
You know what it doesn't matter
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks anyway

I'm sorry. It could be a hardware issue, but can you hold the Power on / off button for about ten seconds, then turn it back on and right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly many times on the laptop's keyboard to see if it shows a menu and check.

https://support.hp.com/checkwarranty

Thank you for your patience.