Robert Cox
Robert Cox,
Experience:  Senior Consultant at Newton Consulting (now Aspirant)
104647409

Transferring from one iPhone to another but lost all my

transferring from one iPhone to another but lost all my emails. get a message "Password ***** Enter the password ***** the Exchange account "Hotmail" "
JA: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?
Customer: The emails haven''t been transferred to my new phone
JA: Are you checking your Hotmail mail in your browser or using an email client (such as Outlook)?
Customer: I'm on my iPhone and click on the email icon at the bottom of the screen
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've no idea what my password ***** ***** there's no link for "forgotten password"

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. I hope you are doing well today. My name is Bob and I am happy to be assisting you today.

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Sorry to hear about your Hotmail account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. You can reset the password with the link below. If it doesn't work let me know I have another way but might take a day.

https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I can still get into my hotmail account on my old phone. I get the message about incorrect password on my new phone

So that means you don't know the correct password and will need to reset it with the instructions above

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No thanks it's on my iPhone

That was an automated remote offer and isn't needed

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Followed that link but the text was all jumbled at the end. It said it would take 24 hours to review!
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Just for the avoidance of any doubt, I can still access my emails on my Mac and my old iPhone. It's just the new iPhone where I can't. I need to enter a password and there's no "forgotten password" link.

The link I sent you above is what you use to reset your password

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I also get a message in Mail on my new phone that says
Cannot Get Mail
The connection to the server failed
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Robert thank you so much. All okay thanks to you. Got a quick response from Microsoft and followed the link to reset the password and hey presto all my emails are on my new phone. Can't tell you what a relief it has been. Wish I had found you on google earlier.

Great. It has been my pleasure to be able to assist you today. Please let me know if you need any further information, I'm always happy to help