VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

I have downloaded and installed my new TS5050 printer on a

I have downloaded and installed my new TS5050 printer on a Mac with OS 10.15. I tried to scan a document and got an error message: 'A required file is missing or corrupted, or settings are incorrect. Try the installation again.' This occurs with both my desktop and my laptop. I worry that for some reason Canon does not support the latest Mac OS. Help!!

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Delete MP Drivers, then reinstall MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or our website.

For how to delete MP Drivers, see Deleting the Unnecessary MP Drivers.

VanHilton M,
Experience: Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi. I have deleted all canon drivers and reinstalled the TS5050. I'm still getting the same result. If you can sort it via a secure connection, I'd be interested.

okay, thank you. Click on the blue link below and allow the remote session to download and run please> then install TeamViewer, then reply here with the 9 digit access code and password please, the 9 digit access code and password please. It is located next to "YOUR ID" in the teamviewer box, under the Remote heading. http://download.teamviewer.com/download/version_12x/TeamViewer.dmg

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
1669 887 206 - password 325zdk
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've done all that. What next?

okay, thank you. Give me a moment to connect with you please.

once the teamviewer is connected you will need to follow the steps on the pop up box that says go to System Preferences to allow the connection. Click on Allow, then click the lock icon at bottom left of the System preferences box then place a check beside Teamviewer please.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am confused. I think i have done what i was asked to, but the popup box disappeared and i can't find it again. The only place in my privacy settings that mentions Teamviewer has been ticked, but nothing seems to happen

that should work,

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
just done it.
Ok

go to Security & Privacy > Screen Recording > TeamViewer

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi. Sorry! I had to go out. It's now sorted.

thats great!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what happens now. do you take over?

yes, I am on with you now.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
hi I woke up this morning and there was a Canon installer on my desktop. I ran it and then tried to scan. Still the same response

Make sure that your scanner or printer and the computer are connected correctly.

Your scanner or printer may be damaged.

Restart the computer, then reconnect your scanner. If the same error message still appears, contact the service center

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your help. The eventual answer is alarmingly simple. I went onto the Canon Service Centre website, and they suggested visiting their Customer Support site (I'd never have found that - (I googled Canon Help', which takes you straight to JustAnswers). Simply following the links to my printer, the site identified my Mac OS , and there is a separate scanner driver for this, dating from October when Mac introduced Catalina. I downloaded it, and hey, presto! Clearly they have not yet integrated this into their standard setup package. I'm afraid I wasted a lot of your (and my) time!