Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I cannot connect between my computer and printer since BT

I cannot connect between my computer and printer since BT supplied me
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: never
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I'm sorry about your printer issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Do you mean you got a new internet modem router device? Have you tried anything?
What's the model of your printer?
Do you have a Windows or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
canon maxify mb 2050 windows i have pressed the wps button on therouter

Thank you. Since the WPS method does not work as shown in the website

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART116168&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1573317603571

, then please on the printer's home screen, use the arrows to select option WLAN. Press OK. Then select option Wireless LAN setup and press OK. Then press the red Stop / Reset button. Then select option Standard setup, then press OK. Then select / connect to your Wi-Fi wireless network name and check.

Please click on the website below for the full instructions / illustrations for how to connect your Canon printer to your Wi-Fi wireless network name:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART116108

- Note: The printer models MB2020 and MB2050 use the same steps. Wi-Fi wireless password is case-sensitive.

- If successful, then see if you are able to print from the computer now.

- If that does not work, please uninstall / delete the Canon printer / driver from your computer for now. Then click on the website below, and download and install the MB2000 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows) there, and check:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/maxify_mb_series/maxify_mb2050.html?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:14-1194841

Please let me know if there is any error or message. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.