Tech Expert
Tech Expert, PC Support Specialist
Experience:  Technical Support Engineer
104823085

I wish to change my password, Nothing. Plagued with scam

I wish to change my password
JA: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?
Customer: Nothing. Plagued with scam calls and email pests. Advsed to change all my passwords by the bank
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: No
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your PC. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
May I know whom I am chatting with?

May I know if you are still connected with me?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You are chatting to an elderly lady who is becoming increasingly confused with modern technology. I am the named individual, Brenda Wilson
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I only want to change my passwor

I accepted your request to help you by remotely accessing your computer.
Is this a MAC computer or a Windows computer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I presume windows

Please click on the link below and once you click on it, a new page will be opened. Scroll down the page and click on "I Agree" button. A file called "Elsinore.ScreenConnect " will be downloaded. Select RUN or OPEN if prompted. If not prompted then double click the Elsinore file in your downloads folder to run it.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=69438865-9e34-49c5-8d3a-ac6d9aedc037

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What will you be doing?

I will help you reset the password.

Please follow the above steps so that I can access your computer and help you to fix the issue.
Please let me know if you find any difficulty in establishing the remote connection.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I only want to change my password
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is all this really necessary

Brenda, you have requested me to help you by remotely accessing your computer. May I know the account for which you need to change the password?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My PayPal account
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please cancel all this now. Just leave it as it is
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. In the 'Password' section, click Change.
  4. Select either Password or Security Questions.
  5. Click Edit.
  6. We may ask you to confirm ownership of the account by answering questions based on your account information. If we do, supply the information then click Submit.
  7. Enter your current password ***** the 'Current Password' box.
    • To change your password: Enter and re-enter your new password
    • To change your security questions: Select two new security questions and enter the answers
  8. Click Save.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not wish you to do anything nor do I wish to speak to anyone
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is this a person or automated response

I am a live technician. You can get connected to our customer service department using the below link to cancel the service. Thank you for contacting us.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do wish to continue with this. Please let me out

You can get connected to our customer service department using the below link to cancel the service.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/