David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

I JUST PAID £5 AND NOBODY IS HELPING WHATS GOING ON

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

My name is David. Sorry for the trouble.

Just to clarify, is the issue that the hacker is causing your Internet connection to disconnect?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
yes also im aware of ip address coceted to my main ip sub
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
connected
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
everything im doing is been watched and also can u chaeck this ip as soon as i traced them they went off line 81.132.29.205
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i own a internet radio station and belive my station is been blocked ect the ip ive sent when my hub went off line that ip address was there then it went of starght away
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

Ok so this issue can also occur if there are any power anomalies such as low line levels or power spikes that reach the modem/router that provides your Internet access. The modem/router is a sensitive device that is not designed to handle power fluctuations gracefully. Installing a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) or power line conditioner would eliminate that as a possible cause.

Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

Ok, I will check that IP now

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
nope my hub is new and i have hight speed internet which i pay £33 amonth ive been in my place all minth and its never gone of it seems to do it when im away or just after midnight im defo been hacked from the person whos doing iy
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the person thats doing it hides there main ip and using back door tools
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

That IP address is not active right now

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
im scared to leave my place incase my radio station gos offline because of this hacker this guy also has links for either japan hong kong or china the guy lives up stairs from me hes been doing this for yes and as mentioned hes hacked into my main sub ip which everything is been watched
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the ip u say not active its because the hacker has a tool to use diffent address
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
that ip was conected to my radio stream just after the hub came back on and now u say its not active something fishy is going on
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i spoke to a experct a few weeks ago and they told me my whole connection is been violated
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the person whos doing it is a programer
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

Which devices on your network have been compromised?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
that ip location 81.132.29.205 GB Cricklewood,
Brent,
England,
United Kingdom,
Europe 81.132.29.128/25 NW2 51.5441,
-0.2211 1 BT BT btcentralplus.com
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
its my whole internet the main ip which is been compromised
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i used to have windows pcs and the probles started so i changed to mac and the same issues are happening
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thats why i was told the main ip has been hacked
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

Ok so is your main IP assigned to a server that hosts your radio station or assigned to the modem/router that provides your Internet access?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the only ips that should be connected to my radio is the ones who listen to the stream which is world wide they cant hack that as its a sever else ive been streaming from my place sence 2001 the main ip is assighed the the router
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
every house hold has a main sub ip right ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
which cant be seen unless its been hacked into
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

Yes however you can host the radio station from a server at a location and IP other than your main sub IP, which is why I was asking.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i have strong expencive ethannet cables and a good strong connection the radio stream ip is froma sever which i rent every month
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
they only provide the stream there nothing to do with my internet or router or macs
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

I recommend that you invest in a modem/router that is more robust and secure than the one supplied by your service provider which must have vulnerabilities that are trivial to exploit if the hacker is able to easily get in.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the router i have is protected from the service provider im with as ive been on the phone to them and they said they cant be hacked which is why i was saying the person whos doing has my main ip which they have hacked
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the expect i spoke with said the ips connected are trying to steel my informion which is why im been watched
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

So the service provider does not believe that their modem has been hacked?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
and i feel my radio station is been blocked im on over 100 radio directories and my listener count isnt good when i should be getting 100s of listeners the only time ts busy is when i have live djs the service provider says they have a system that protects them from been hacked
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

No system is completely immune from being hacked. Have they checked their systems and your modem to verify?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
from 2001 till now ive had BT SKY and now EE i left bt cause the same issues then i went with sky and every time i left my place the hub was switch off been watch by the up statirs hacker im now with ee and now twice ive had to change my hub yes there systems and modem have been checked
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i get a good run for months with out any problems as i moniter everything
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
that hub never gos off
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
both macs are wired the only wifi i use is my tablet and phone
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ive been studying this for a long time so i know ive def been hacked into from main wants they have the ip they can control and cause problems the hacker
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
that ip i sent u is defo fishy
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i even got action fuard invovied and they spent a year investgating and they had proof but at the end of it came back with nothing
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i had clean prroof which i showed them the softwere that was been used so that why i changed to mac
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

If you moved your radio station to a server in the cloud, it would be less likely that the hacker could disrupt your radio station.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i have thought about it but it shouldnt make any diffence its just a stream the playlist is on another pc which isnt connected to the net its coonceted to a mixering deck
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
im trying to login my website and something is going on its asking to download a file ?? it also sayings someone is inpersonating a site to steal information
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
www.ambitionradio.com
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thats my website adrresss
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok i know waht that is im sorting it now as to why the site not showing but aprt from that the main problems is what im taking u about
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

Ok so if you move your radio station to a server in the cloud the benefits would be that the radio station would connect to the Internet through a different service provider, there would be more robust security systems in place including IDS as well as firewalls, the server instance would be professionally configured on the platform level, and the hosting company would provide the additional security they need because it is in their best interest to ensure that systems within their data center do not get hacked.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the stream is on a cloud the playlist isnt but how would i get my stream on cloud ?
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

You would have to move your station operations to a server on the cloud. Moving the image of the server you use to a hosting provider would do it.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok thanks for the info i will look into it
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
am i going to be charged more than £5 for this serivce ?
Expert:  David L replied 10 days ago.

Customer service can answer your questions related to charges since I don't have visibility into that - just click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to reach them.