Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have just bought a samsung portable SSD T5 to backup my

Customer Question

Hi I have just bought a samsung portable SSD T5 to backup my photos from my computer. I have set up the App. How do I import the photos onto this device
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: The app for Windows. I want to install my photos from my HP computer onto the SSD
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: I have installed it both on my Android phone and my computer but can't open it - if that is what you are meant to do. I am not very techy and thought it would be like my Samsung External hard drive bought a few years ago with just opens and it is possible to just copy and paste files
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dont think so
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 8 days ago.

I'm sorry about your portable SSD drive issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Please press at the same time the Windows logo key and the letter R key on your computer's keyboard, then type diskmgmt.msc then click OK, and the Disk Management window should open. There, if needed, right-click on the new Samsung disk there, and initialize it. Then on the right of the disk, you can right-click and format it. You can click on the website below for the instruction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wKFLcubyx8

- Once that is done, you can open File Explorer (Or Windows Explorer), or open any folder, then click on option This PC (or Computer) on the left side, then you should see your new ssd drive now. Then you can copy and paste photos / files from your computer to the new drive.

Please let me know if there is still issue. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.