Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am receiving phone calls purporting to come from you. the

Customer Question

I am receiving phone calls purporting to come from you. the latest, today said my account has been contacted and an amount of £99.99 will be taken out of my bank for prime
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: It wasn't on my mobile it was on my BT landline.
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Again, I say it was not on my moibile it was on my BT landline
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I phone amazon recently about an amount of £7.99 per month being taken from my bank and w3as told it was for prime membership even though, previously I had been advised on the landline that you were deducting £34.99.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

These are fake phone calls, they cannot access your account unless you make a money transfer to them.

Please when you receive these phone calls, indicate to them you know they are fake and then hangup and do not transfer any money or allow them access to your computer.

If you would like any additional information, please let me know.