Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

How do I tune my Toshiba CT8533 Remote to my new Smart TV,

Customer Question

How do I tune my Toshiba CT8533 Remote to my new Smart TV
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Toshiba 43U5863DB smart UHD Series tv
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Only the Volume works along with the on of button, the menu button when pressed does not respond
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not realy
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

The remote is not programmable sorry, if you wish to use a one for all remote then I would recommend using this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Harmony-350-Remote-Control-Black/dp/B00KD5LBVY/ref=pd_aw_sbs_23_23?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00KD5LBVY&pd_rd_r=d1fe225b-f1d7-4d87-aab3-92285099d562&pd_rd_w=G4NvK&pd_rd_wg=nKwFn&pf_rd_p=0208d703-a674-4413-8899-c3889837d212&pf_rd_r=DXEBED7VZPZGF9BAJ72Y&psc=1&refRID=DXEBED7VZPZGF9BAJ72Y

Which will allow you to program it for all your devices so you can use it with one remote.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is a brand new TV so the Toshiba remote should work
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

The remote only works with the TV it is sold with.

You mentioned a new TV, so this is a different one then the remote came with correct?