David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

My YouView box will not record any programmes and will not

Hello. My YouView box will not record any programmes and will not allow me to watch already recorded programmes. I have done the Maintenance reset as described on the community section using the second option to keep already recorded programmes. I have done this several times to no avail and restarted the router.
JA: Who makes your router?
Customer: Talktalk
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have described earlier that I did the full maintenance reset I shall try to find the setion and try to copy it as I don't want to waste time trying to type it out!!
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just that it must be a problem with the box and I would like to be able to keep already recorded programmes if possible.

My name is David. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your printer.

Since it was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the YouView box power cord. Then leave the it for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the YouView box power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip). Then power it up and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Not printer!!! The You view box does not record or allow any pre-recordings to be viewed. Have done a maintenance reset several times to no avail
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok

My apologies for the miscommunication in that first line - I understand that you have a YouView box and the steps would still be the same as what I posted above.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
okay I shall do as you suggest and disconnect for 5 minutes

Ok - I am standing by

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have disconnected the power lead and shall wait 5 minutes. Do you want me to then try to record a programme

Yes, after it starts up again, record a programme to test and see if it then works correctly

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It is going through the wakeup procedure!

Ok good

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It failed to record !!!

Hmmmm - was it completely started up when you tried to record?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
well I was seeing the programme homes under the hammer! So I assume it had started up properly
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
do you want me to try to record another programme now?

Yes try it now.

If it still does not work you will need to perform a factory reset which should fix the problem however will wipe all data from storage.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes that is what I thought! I have just tried another programme and it says programme recording across the top but I can also see that the red light which usually shows on the guide of the programme is missing. I shall do the factory reset as per the instructions I printed yesterday which gives several options. This is such a nuisance and has happened twice before! Perhaps a new box is really needed!!

I understand it can be frustrating. Try the factory reset first - that should clear the error and fix the problem.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Do I keep the link with you open or if the problem still exists start the process over again?

You can keep the link open - this question will remain available for a few days in case you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Okay. Thanks.

You're welcome :)

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Well success! Countryfile is now recording. I hope that the success continues. Thank you although I had hoped you would be able to resolve the problem without the factory reset!!

You're welcome and glad I could help :)

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I do not want to be charged £22.00 for the secure remote assistance which is still showing as requested!

Since we did not establish a remote assistance session you will not be charged. You can also check with Just Answer customer service to make sure the charges are correct. They can be reached at the following link:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

You're welcome

David L, Systems Engineer
Experience: Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience

Thank you. Please go to; http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=71f12eae-0910-4b40-b155-e0520cc3456a please also provide me your cell \ email in the private contact box beneath this chat. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No need. Problem resolved!!
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No need problem resolved!
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Problem resolved. Do not want further action
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Box is frozen please unfreeze
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Programmes frozen. Please unfreeze