David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

Just called Skype and somthing is wrong--I can't hear my own

Customer Question

Hi,just called Skype and somthing is wrong--I can't hear my own voice
JA: When did you last update Skype?
Customer: Coupla weeks ago
JA: What have you tried so far with your Skype?
Customer: Just ringing Skype to test if everything was working,as I usually ring my son on a Sunday.Must confess I am no computer wizard
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all I think thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 8 days ago.

My name is David. Sorry for the trouble.

Memory errors in network devices often cause this type of connectivity problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord and remove the battery from the router/modem as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then reinstall the battery if it has one, plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then restart the computer or device you use with Skype after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.