David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

Just called Skype and somthing is wrong--I can't hear my own

Customer Question

Hi,just called Skype and somthing is wrong--I can't hear my own voice
JA: When did you last update Skype?
Customer: Coupla weeks ago
JA: What have you tried so far with your Skype?
Customer: Just ringing Skype to test if everything was working,as I usually ring my son on a Sunday.Must confess I am no computer wizard
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all I think thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 5 months ago.

My name is***** for the trouble.

Memory errors in network devices often cause this type of connectivity problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord and remove the battery from the router/modem as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then reinstall the battery if it has one, plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then restart the computer or device you use with Skype after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.