Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

I have Quicken 2000 on my system which I used on my xp

Customer Question

I have Quicken 2000 on my system which I used on my xp computer.is it possible to transfer the information to my lap top widows 10
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: the lap top is an Acer
JA: What have you tried so far with your Acer? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no. I have the information on a memory stick , but it does not accept the information
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I would like to use my laptop 10 rather than my old xp computer
Category: Computer
Expert:  Stuart Woods replied 4 days ago.

Hi, You have a few options.

One to upgrade quicken to a later version

Use Windows XP on a old machine and use Quicken 2000.

Install a Windows XP virtual box to run Quicken 2000.

once you upgrade Quicken it may or may not open the 2000 files.

I'll opt out to let another expert shine more might but I believe those are your solutions.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
That is why I have kept my old computer.I was told that the 10 has a different operating system.?
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 4 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is Lorenz Vauck, and I am a tech expert with 19 years of experience.

Stuart is correct, old Quicken versions do usually not work on Windows 10 anymore. However, what is the exact error you are getting when it is "not accepting your information"?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Tried to download the quicken 2000 cd , it told me that it can not accept it. The memory shows that it has the contents but does not show anything when I click run
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 3 days ago.

Thank you. May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me do it on your screen? It is a very safe option too because we are an A+ accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, you will be watching your screen and will have full control at any time.