Rafi
Rafi, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

Just took deliver of a Podcast Studio but I've plugged it in

Just took deliver of a Podcast Studio but I've plugged it in and the computer can't see it - should there be a CDRom or some other startup software with it?
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: Any that gets my podcast studio to talk to my computer - just set up the studio but the computer can't see it
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: Nothing - just rigged up the studio, put in the usb link and the computer can't spot it - there was no CDRom or similar in the box
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope - surely this is really simple from here
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just need to chat about getting the computer to spot the studio - I'm assuming you could give me a code or something to load up

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer. an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. I am Rafi and I will try to do my best to help you today. Please note Secure Remote Assistance are auto-generated and communication through chat is fine with me. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a few minutes to review your question.

What is the application/hardware name?

Might be best to review this to under stand the princles of setting up a podcast studio. https://www.podcast.co/create/setup-a-podcast-studio

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It's this studio (Behringer Podcast Studio) - I've already watched some videos on setting one up and ised one for years in a different setting - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-PODCASTUDIO-Professional-Bundle-Interface/dp/B000PARIZU/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1KDDELR8SNRK1&keywords=behringer+podcast+studio&qid=1578930675&sprefix=behringer+pod%2Caps%2C137&sr=8-1
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Which on that list of hardware and software do you mean by "this" software?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm assuming it's All Software for Windows - since it's running on a pc

Select the download for All Software for Windows

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
On it - so, unzip the files, run them and the pc will be ready to spot the studio, it should be that simple, right

Correct

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
So, if I'm going to wing it from here - which file do I unzip and run first so the studio talks to the pc?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Unzipped and installed all files from that download folder, studio's powered up and usb in - pc still can't see it. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The above includes restarting the pc btw

The windows software installer, I only see one on my end.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But that's in the standard Windows package on the new PC, right? Just checking the program files on this

Correct

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
So...still a bit confused. Long story but I had the PC put together to hit certain specs so's I could record and edit without having to go to the studio any more. I'll chase the guy who did the job but it's got an up to date Windows package on it.

Sounds good!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Cheers - not a lot more we can do. I won't mess about trying to kick start it again until I've gone back to the guy that put the pc and software packages together.