Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  21 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

Sorry about that. The Wifi signal in my lounge is too weak

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Sorry about that. The Wifi signal in my lounge is too weak for streaming so I've just bought a EX6110 range extender. This has connected quickly and easily to my router and shows up as the router's address with -2ext or -5ext suffices as it should. Devices will connect to it using the WPS button but my television does not have this facility, and it, and in fact none of my devices, will connect to the extender using the router's password
JA: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?
Customer: I haven't changed it. If I log directly back on to my router, without the suffix, the password ***** works.
JA: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?
Customer: Yes, many times. I have connected to the extender on this laptop using the wps button
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I recently changed broadband provider. My old router was also too weak and I had an older Netgear WN3500RP extender which worked well with my television. This too connects quickly to my router and shows a strong signal but again devices will not connect to it using the router's password ***** they should.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** and I am a tech expert with 19 years of experience.

Please first try to factory reset the Extender (there is a reset button on the side) and go through the setup process again as per https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6110.aspx Please let me know if that works or if the issue persists.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Lorenz. I've just tried that and no different. Still tells me it's an incorrect password
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry - no I don't want the remote connect option. Does that mean you cannot help further?

Thank you for letting me know about this. I´ve just spoken to a colleague at Netgear for you and this is indeed a bug that happens with some routers. Unfortunately, the only solution really is to use another range extender. I would recommend to bring it back to where you´ve bought it / sell it and get another model. If you need help with finding another one, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Lorenz - I'll return it to the store

That would be the best option indeed. Please switch it out for another brand apart from Netgear, that should be your best option. Thank you very much again.